First Speakers 2018 Conference Announced
On November 8th & 9th, 2018 Brave New World organises its third conference about the impact of future technology on society. Are you prepared for a Brave New World? Do you want to gain new insights, take part in discussions, meet peers from different sectors and co-create new views on life, society, policy and government?
We hereby present our first confirmed speakers:
- Jeanette Winterson, writer and professor Creative Writing at the University of Manchester makes us think about what it is to be human.
- Will we live forever? What are we prepared to do, to defy death? Stephen Cave, philosopher and Executive Director of the Leverhulme Centre for the Future of Intelligence at the University of Cambridge shows how the quest for immortality drives our human civilisation.
- Designer Agi Haines focusses on the design of the human body. How far can we push our malleable bodies while still being accepted by society? How can we enhance ourselves or maybe even transform ourselves beyond humanism?
- Sir Lawrence Freedman, Emeritus Professor of War Studies at King’s College London, will tell us about the future of war. Will it come down to robotics, artificial intelligence, cyberattacks? Can future technology help us avoid conflicts?
- Author of the book ‘How to fix the future’ Andrew Keen will tell us what effect the Digital Revolution has on society. Why do we trust technology? And why do we mistrust it just as much?
- What skills do we require to be truly capable of inhabiting weightless environments? What will our minds look like when learning to operate in a foreign spacetime curvature? Adam Dipert, Particle Physicist, Weightless Movement Artist, Circus and Fire Performer will tell us.
Tickets are now available
Make sure not to miss out and order you ticket for the 2018 edition today!